Having completed the level 1 course in thermography we offer thermal imaging as part of our services as Chartered Building Surveyors.
Thermal Imaging can be used in a diverse range of applications such as:
- Water ingress to flat roofs
- Insulation and air leakage to buildings
- Water ingress to property
- Electrical fault finding and condition based monitoring
- Mechanical fault finding and condition based monitoring
- Tracing under floor heating circuits
- Quality control in manufacturing such as paper
It is particularly useful as it is non-contact, two dimensional and images are in real time.
The benefits thermal imaging brings to the maintenance of a building and its mechanical / electrical equipment is that it can help to identify potential problems before they become an issue. This allows for the planning of repairs and is particularly beneficial in hospitals and manufacturing.
Use of thermal imaging in defect analysis is particularly useful for ascertaining cold bridges in structures and poor insulation.
Some examples are shown below: